Tuesday 12 August 2014

Flavoured green teas collection from Tetley

Find yourself a cup of tea.
the teapot is behind you.
Now tell me about
hundreds of things.
Saki, The Complete Saki

I never need an excuse to pop a kettle on, for me it's always tea o'clock. And though my kitchen looks like a tea shop already, I am always happy to try new teas.
Did you know that sales of green tea are on the rise in the UK, thanks to its super health benefits and refreshing taste. I have read a lot about the wonderful health properties of green tea, yet I confess I am not very enthusiastic about its taste. But make it flavoured with fruit and berries, and I am much happier. For people like me who are not that keen on the pure green tea, Tetley have come with a whole collection of flavoured green teas. Tetley flavoured green teas range has expanded to include four new inspired varieties: peach & apricot, raspberry & pomegranate, tropical mango & passion fruit and mint.
I recently received three varieties of flavoured green tea for testing and reviewing. My Mum loves green tea, it is her preferred choice of tea, and she was curious to try new teas with me.
All the boxes are bright, colourful and show well known smiley Tetley Folk.


The first tea I wanted to try was Peach & Apricot Green Tea. As I was pouring the freshly boiled water over the teabag, the aroma of peaches and apricots was unmistakable. It was like a concentrated summer in a cup. This turned out to be a gentle-tasting infusion. The peach and apricot flavours were present but as a mild note. I would have preferred if a fruity flavour was more pronounced. My Mum enjoyed it.


Mango & Passion Fruit Green Tea was my favourite. Its ingredients list green tea, natural flavourings, passion fruit granules, mango granules and acai flakes. The exotic blend of mango and passion fruit gives you that tropical feeling. Enjoy it with a teaspoon of honey and a slice of lemon for an extra oomph.


Mint Green Tea has a clean flavour, it is a refreshing brew, reminiscent of the Moroccan souks. Minty and smooth, this is a lovely combination of peppermint and green tea leaves.
At 1kcal per 100ml infusion, all these green teas make a great drink for anyone who counts the calories, and would be perfect for anyone on a 5:2 diet as well.



All flavoured green varieties are great for making an iced tea. Steep a few teabags of your favourite flavour, add some herbs or edible flowers (like rose petals or lavender) if you like, sweeten with honey or sugar, let it cool and serve in a glass with ice cubes. Tasty, and it will be at a fraction of a cost of you buy ready-made iced tea.
Tetley also suggests making your own green tea ice lollies, but we haven't tried this recipe yet.

For more information about Tetley teas, visit TheTetleyTeaFolk
You can also follow  on Twitter (you might know that they run a fab giveaway every Friday for a year's supply of Tetley, now that would be a super prize. I keep RT-ing enthusiastically, hoping to win it for our parenting club at my older son's school).


No comments:

Post a Comment